"Only a genealogist regards a step backwards as progress!"

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Look what a little (okay...a lot of) sunshine can do.....

February 2008 - landscaping was just put in......

September 30, 2008....February 2008



September 2008


February 2008
September 2008While this landscaping is nothing like what I am used to in the Pacific Northwest, I can readily find the beauty in it....even the gravel. It took a while to get used to the look of the gravel but no time at all to get used to not having to mow twice a week!!! The landscape we chose is called xeriscaping which means - uses little water. The first year we need to water frequently (daily in the summer) and after that these plants are all draught tolerant. The drip water system is very efficient for conserving on precious water. There are many, many beautiful plants that thrive here in the desert. I will be experimenting with more as I tackle landscaping the backyard. First the drip system will go in and then the plants. I hope to have some citrus trees so we can have fresh fruit much of the year.

1 comment:

Candy Jane said...

I'm voting for at least one orange tree, and a Meyers lemon...