"Only a genealogist regards a step backwards as progress!"

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cranberries anyone??????











Somehow I let Larry talk me into getting a picture we didn't have room for and didn't match my color scheme. Silly me. Turns out I loved the picture and made room for it on the wall between our kitchen and family room. That was just the beginning.....well, maybe not the beginning...

It began at a garage sale when he vetoed me and purchased the picture for $5. Okay, no big deal. We could get that out of it - or more - if we couldn't use it. At another garage sale we found the table for another $5 (which I didn't think we needed) but moved another one out of this spot and gave this guy a new home. Well, one thing led to another....meaning I hung the picture and then found hurricane lamps - I mean huge hurricane lamps new in the box at a garage sale for $7 (yeah for all three). Next thing I know I find large candles to fit the hurricane lamps in gold and cranberry for $1 each. What next? Well, who could resist the lamp with a cranberry color lampshade? Not me for $2. Then to tie in the other side of the room with this side I found cranberrry curtains for $1. So I think this room is finished ----- at least for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The burgandy is a good accent color for the deep blue-green TV wall! You guys are the most determined GSer's I've ever had the honor of traveling with! Lucy, are you sticking to our motto: "When the trunk is full, we have to go home" ?

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Actually the motto is: when the neighbor's pickup truck is full we go home and empty it!!! We did that once but the other times we were able to stuff everything in. The neighbors have a four bedroom house with very little furniture so they are really geared up for some of the larger finds!