"Only a genealogist regards a step backwards as progress!"

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hello Idaho....................

May 8, 2009.....the wedding reception in Nampa, Idaho at the Masonic Event Center. (Note: there were no ward buildings available on this date so the search ended with this 90-year old building filled with history and ambiance!)Desserts lined the table with chocolate fountains on either side and lots of goodies (bananas, pineapple, angel food cake, pretzels, apples, marshmallows, etc.) to cover in chocolate!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmm lucious cupcakes - red velvet, poppyseed, & chocolate.Ta da! THE CAKE!THE BRIDE & GROOM with the cake!His mother was proud of him that he did NOT rub cake in Mandi's beautiful face even though certain people were prodding him on!!!Family tradition has it that Mandi's dad, Marion, writes a song for special occasions and this certainly fit the bill. You can read what he wrote in the next picture. What a touching thing to watch! And the father-daughter dance. Another tear-jerker!Tears dried - time to have some fun!!!
And this is just the beginning..............

1 comment:

Dad and Mom Mann said...

Hi Kathy,

It's fun to know that there are people I have yet to meet that read my blog and find it interesting. My husband and I have lived in Santa Rosa since 1978 and yes...it is Rich and Dian Tashjian that are in that blog. Interestingly enough...they now live in Arizona too. If you want their address, I'd be happy to share it. They are dear friends. I don't want to leave it here in public so how would we do that?? Do you do facebook? I do and so does Rich and you can send personal private messages there. I look forward to hearing back from you. Joy