"Only a genealogist regards a step backwards as progress!"

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My last post was when?????????????? Yikes!!!

Home we are flipping - less than $20,000 so come on down to the Valley of the Sun!!!
Dining room before painting
Larry painting the family room
Living room after painting
And Asher James Percy!

Where has the time gone? Well Thanksgiving came and went. Christmas came and went. New Year's came and went. Asher came and stayed - January 15, 2012 at 1:10 a.m. weighing 7 lbs 7 oz and 19 1/2" long. Serving in the Family History Center filled in some of the gaps but I have to admit that I am totally addicted (as in I need the 12-step program or some kind of intervention) and have now involved family I never knew existed to help me with this addiction! Actually these co-conspirators are very extended family I have "met" in various ways over the years and we are working on mutual lines. It has been very fun and rewarding as we put our heads together to try to figure out some of the mysteries in our family. Ohter co-conspirators are my first cousins on my mom's side of the family and they have been just as helpful working with me to gather information and photos of our ancestors. I have promised them a CD of all that I am putting together on that line. I am waiting for more photos to come before I fulfill this promise!
We had been praying about ways to generate more income to suppliment our retirement while serving our mission and almost immediately we were given the answer. We started out thinking that we should sell the doublewide mobile home we are in and find a fixer-upper to buy and live in while we try to sell it. The next thing you know we were out getting comparables in our very own park when we found a super deal (I mean SUPER) deal on one and within a few hours of looking at it we presented an offer which the owner accepted. Now we are in the process of painting (20 hours into it and still not nearly done) the living room, dining room, family room, and kitchen.

No comments: