Across from our campsite we could see beautiful yellow blooms, hawks soaring, saguaro cactus, and lots of rocks.
Dinner consisted of chicken, fried potatoes, and corn. Dessert was angel food cake with fresh strawberries.

The ducks came calling but Duchess wasn't interested. Some bird dog!



This is "Dolly" the steamboat. Lots of passengers tour the lake daily. No dogs allowed (of course) so we didn't get the tour!

Use of water in the desert must be conserved wherever possible - here's one idea that seemed to work at the campground. Our friends the Wrights & Stauffers know quite a bit about this topic!


I believe these are hawks - they roosted in a tree in our campground.

A window front in Tortilla Flat.
This is "Dolly" the steamboat. Lots of passengers tour the lake daily. No dogs allowed (of course) so we didn't get the tour!
Use of water in the desert must be conserved wherever possible - here's one idea that seemed to work at the campground. Our friends the Wrights & Stauffers know quite a bit about this topic!
I believe these are hawks - they roosted in a tree in our campground.
A window front in Tortilla Flat.

7 comments:
Looks like you had fun! When did you get a truck?
We got the truck about a month or so ago for Dad's business. He's been able to buy and sell more furniture because of it. We said goodbye to his car last week.
I guess I should call more often...lol. BTW-Those don't look like hawks, they look like vultures.
When they flew away they looked like hawks - kind of small for vultures but maybe that's how Arizona grows them :)
I do believe those birds look like pigeons, from the skinny legs, shape of head and tail...It would be very un-hawkish to perch like they were. Maybe I can see them in person sometime - looks like a good camping area, lots to see! Love the flowers, and the "on the move" boats! Dutch oven chicken...sigh. Sure brings back memories.
Yeah, Ty, that was MY first thought, too! I don't recall a pickup in the Percy family for as long as I've known them...
Actually this truck is the second one e've owned! The first was about 1973. We even had a cabover camper for it and EVEN went camping!
Candy - the color of these birds is what threw me. I looked up pigeons here in Arizona and found one the same color - says they are Rock Pigeons which is what most of the pigeons I've ever seen are. Go figure!
Post a Comment