"Only a genealogist regards a step backwards as progress!"

Sunday, April 25, 2010

December 1965..............

One night when Jacob was about five years old we were looking through our family photo album when we came upon this picture. I said, "Jacob here is a picture of your mother and father." He looked at the picture and then started to cry! I immediately said, "Jacob what is the matter?" He replied, "I didn't know I was adopted!" I looked at him and said, "This is your dad and me!" He looked at the picture again, stopped crying, and said, "Oh!"



The picture was taken at Larry's great grandparents home in Sumner, Washington. We had known each other for six months and were 18 and 16! We met when I was 15 and he was 17. (And they said it wouldn't last.)

1 comment:

Candy said...

I remember that story - and the photo. You guys are pretty incredible - and adorable :)