Loved this unusual plant and its bloom!
The first thing you see when entering Tombstone is the Boothill Graveyard. Lots of piles of rocks to mark the graves.
Loved the story of the world's largest rose. I've wanted to see this for the last two years but never had the chance until now. The story is that the young bride was homesick for her home in Scotland and her family sent her some native plants. Among them was the Lady Banks rose start. This has grown to cover 8,700 square feet and has beautiful white blooms.
The trunk is huge - I've heard 12 feet in circumference!!! It looks like that is true!

1 comment:
I remember the Lady Banks rose we saw when you lived in Santa Rosa, and reading about this one - awesome that you got to finally see it! Kirsten is getting way too grown-up, how does that HAPPEN when we aren't looking?! Looks like you all had a grand time! I don't remember those piles of rock at Tombstone graveyard in the movies...
Post a Comment