"Only a genealogist regards a step backwards as progress!"

Friday, April 11, 2008

The Guest Room is Ready!!! The welcome sign is out!




The welcome sign is up!!!!














This side of the guest room is our Southwest section! The hide-a-bed is comfy according to our first guest, Candy. We added the hide-a-bed, curtains, chest, and table after our move. The color of the wall is a mix between "Comfort" and "Princess Ivory". Nice combination, don't you think? Especially for a guest room!













Here are the new curtains and chest. The pictures above the chest are of Mt. Rainier and the San Juan Island area. So this is our Pacific Northwest area of the room.
















Candy and I have been gathering lots of material about the area. Books, pamphlets, maps, etc. Anything you might want to know for your visit!















Candy also provided new pillows for your comfort as well as accessorizing the bathroom to beautifully coordinate with the colors we chose! I love this bathroom! Now we just need guests - just let us know when you're coming and we'll reserve the room for you!!! We also have another comfy hide-a-bed in the living room for extra company. I don't think we could ever have too many guests! So pack your bags and come for a visit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you've been busy! I love blogs because of the photos you can include to help tell the story. I'm looking forward to my next visit in "our" comfy guest room!
And I LOVE your header photo of the Lady Banks - brings back wonderful memories of adventures with Lucy, past and recent. More to come, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

I'm experimenting with signatures.
Candy

URL didn't do it. Back to Anonymous, so simple - THANKS for changing it so I can comment!

Grammy said...

Love the photos of your home. It looks so beautiful and welcoming. I am so glad you are happy there. We really miss you! Today Cyndee was sustained as 1st counselor, and Diana Quintana as the secretary. We still don't have a teacher to replace Glory yet. And she is supposed to teach next week! Thanks for your kind words of encouragement on my "sugar" post. I am really excited and can't wait to reach my goal!

Ty said...

How come there's no picture of my ceiling fan? :)