"Only a genealogist regards a step backwards as progress!"

Friday, June 13, 2008

My suitcase is almost packed.....












After discovering what a suitcase could be (thanks, Ethel) I accidentally found this suitcase and decided to invest in a new one. I don't like to check baggage so everything I need has to go into one carry on bag! My old suitcase was adequate but after using it for my whirlwind trip to Washington, DC in February and then to Wisconsin last month, I decided it was time to upgrade. The new one has lots of pockets and room for expansion - which is always good - and it has the mandatory rollers! I am almost packed for my trip later this month (not too excited or anything!!!) to Kentucky, then Oregon & Washington, and then back to Kentucky. The plan is to pick up grandchild #10 and take her to see our family in Oregon and Washington, attend my high school reunion in Oregon, attend an extended family reunion, and make lots and lots of memories with most of our children and grandchildren for a blowout 4th of July celebration. Whew!!! Then back to Kentucky and home again. We have a little over two weeks so we should be over jet lag before we have to do the reverse trip! Hubby will fly in for the 4th of July weekend as will #4 son and his fiance.





In the meantime we are gearing up for our good friends to come visit us next week from Colorado. We always have special times when we are together! Here they are last June in Denver when we visited in Colorado. They also came down to visit us in the desert in October. The guest room is all spiffed up and waiting!!!









2 comments:

Ty said...

Hey, was the picture of Dale and Carol from when Mitch and I met you guys at Black Angus?

Ty

Grammy said...

Wow, the travels of Larry and Kathy... sounds like you have lots of adventures to add to your book of travels.