"Only a genealogist regards a step backwards as progress!"

Thursday, June 5, 2008

You know it's hot when.......



Snickers naps in the sink!!!!! Doesn't she look comfy??? Perfect fit, I'd say. She first started doing this when Larry brought her to the desert in July 2006. She pretty much spent the summer in the sink!!! Of course Larry had the thermostat set at 82 degrees so she was a tad bit uncomfortable - coming from the Pacific Northwest and all. Guess it's her way of coping! I tell people that summer here is not for wimps !!! Our cat is not a WIMP! Move over Snickers!














You may be wondering what this mess is. I'll tell you....it's what came off of Lady the last time I cut her hair for the summer. The process is one she does not relish. I have to use a sheet under us to catch all the hair. The electric clippers get pretty hot after about 20 minutes so we take a lot of breaks. Lady likes the breaks but is not too happy to get back to clipping. I have been known to take three days to get this job done but managed to hone it down to just one this time. Usually the pile of hair is almost as big as she is. More than once I've had to look twice at the heap just to make sure it wasn't Lady!!!
Here she is after her summer cut. She is sooooooooooooooo much cooler!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That cat is definately on the right track - porcelain is cool, and the tap is a paw-push away!
Glad Lady is air-conditioned now, and I hope "the other dog" doesn't eat too much :)

Ethel