"Only a genealogist regards a step backwards as progress!"

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Just a walk in the park......


Today Lady & I decided to go to the park. Okay, I guess I decided but she was quick to go along with me. Instead of walking I decided to ride my bike and let her run/walk beside me. This was kind of an experiment because I haven't done much riding with her at my side. I wasn't sure how she would react - all the while hoping that we both wouldn't end up in a heap on the road! But she did not fail me and all went well. Here she is enjoying herself immensely - smelling the smells of other animals!!! While her hearing is gone and her eyesight is failing, her sense of smell is still strong. Guess that's a good thing since it gives her so much pleasure!















Lady is really living in the moment! Should I mention here that the weather is perfect this time of year. Tomorrow (Halloween) it is supposed to be 93 degrees. After the weekend it is predicted that we'll be in the 70's! Last night Larry & I took a walk at 10 p.m. (with Lady, of course) and enjoyed the nice weather, beautiful skies, and Halloween decorations!









The sand in the kid's play area is not used much except by the local birds!



























And here she is smiling! See those pearly whites? That was all the thanks I needed!!








And just so I don't show favortism, here is a great picture of Snickers. She loves to pose for me. Notice her paws so well positioned?






My current WiiFit age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You better be watchin' that Wii Fit stuff - next thing you know you'll be in diapers! (Of course, if you weren't doing it, a person could end up in diapers at the other end of the scale, too...)
Love the Nov. theme for your background - very nice!
Lady is actually a little shaggy, must the the relatively cold weather...
BTW, we were at 75 degrees today, we may have been warmer than you guys :) But it we have a high of 35 coming this weekend - and snow flurries.
Ethel