"Only a genealogist regards a step backwards as progress!"

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My latest project.....


We have been looking for a set of barstools for seven months and finally found a set we agreed on! They really looked pretty good but did have some stains and one tear. I decided to get some fabric and reupholster them but haven't been able to get out to find the fabric. In the meantime I had some fabric (the same fabric I made my apron out of!) I could repurpose. This fabric started out on our bathroom walls in Glendale and I brought it with me thinking there could be a use for it one day. I really like the fabric and knew the new owners wouldn't want it!
Good thing I had all the tools I needed: sewing machine, measuring tape, iron, ironing board, drill, screws, tacks, etc. My leftover fabric was just a tad short to do all three barstools so I had to add a smidgen to one. I don't think anyone would ever notice. I think it's kind of like putting wallpaper up - only the person doing it knows where the flaws are.

Here's the barstool with the tear. I tried to sew it but it didn't look as good as I would have liked.








4 comments:

Teresa said...

good job. they look so good. it is so much fun to do project like that. some how it feels so much better than buying it brand new like that.

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for taking a minute to post your comment. Yep,I love my barstools now!

Kathy

Candy Jane said...

Lucy, you da bomb! LOVE renovating, repurposing, refurbishing, revitalizing, etc. The stools look stunning! Knowing the history of that lovely fabric, having actually seen it on the wall, it's fun to see what you've done with it now. Raise your right hand, bend your elbow, and give yourself a pat on the back :)
love ya,
Ethel

Grammy said...

Wow. I'm impressed! Beautiful job, girl. You never cease to amaze me with your many talents.