Wearing hats, gloves, and pearls was a real treat. Mainly because they were out of style by the time I was a teenager so I never got a chance to wear them.
It was fun to be part of the "behind-the-scenes" group! Before each model walked to the stage there were narratives read about the era and special musical numbers were inserted periodically. The clothes we modeled were from the 1830's to the present. After the fashion show we sat down to a wonderful lunch of chili, Boston Market's recipe for cornbread (I know this because I made one - the recipe included two boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix, one box of yellow butter recipe cake mix, five eggs, milk and butter. Try adding up all those calories!!!), dessert of apple, cherry, or strawberry/peach cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream. Ummmmmmmmm.
5 comments:
What a very very cute idea. Hey, what site do you go to for your cute blog wallpaper?
Never mind, it's posted right on your blog :-)
What a cute idea.
That sounds like a really fun enrichment. I really miss you in our RS.
Hi Kathy!
I was looking through your blog and thought it was so fun to see Sandy Burgess in your photos. She was in my Corona ward in Chandler, and was a good friend. Will you tell her Hi, from Sarah Maroney.
It's fun to see your family on your blog. You have a lot going on and I'm glad that you share. Have a great day! Sarah :O)
Post a Comment