Friday, July 18, 2008
Memories......
As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It will be fun to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments or send you an email. I think this could be a lot of fun. I know it might be hard to think of just one but see what you can come up with. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Kathy, one memory with you that taught me a very important lesson is this: I felt impressed that I needed to go back to the hospital the evening that the Dosier baby died. You called to see if I was going back, and I told you yes, but you didn't need to come if you didn't want to. You told me that YOU felt impressed that you needed to go with me. I will always remember that, and how very thankful I was to have you there at that very difficult time. You were amazingly supportive as a counselor and I am so thankful for your trememdous example of service. You were ALWAYS willing to be there and do whatever was asked. I love you and miss you!
OK, this is hard. So many memories, lots of laughs. Here's one that sticks in my mind. Your volkswagon van - with no heater - middle of the winter - you and I headed out VTing with baby Jacob bundled until the only thing showing was eyeballs! I recall wrapping a blanket around my legs, and sticking my hands up my coat sleeves...and we had a wonderful time, a case of laughing because there was nothing else to be done with the situation at that time. That epitomizes most of my memories with you, that you make me laugh and bring sunshine to my day!
Oh, one more, Lucy! Our famous garage sale motto: When the trunk is full, it's time to go home. So next time we took the pickup! How many times have we used that motto?!
love ya, Candy (AKA Ethel)
Post a Comment